Friday, June 12, 2009

Beehive, Sailboat, Apron and a Chocolate Teapot

Today is a beautiful Spring Day here in the Bay Area California...cool and sunny just right! Yet today I sit here at my computer...obsessed with sharing new items with you and posting more every spare moment in my day, that I am not off doing a notary or errands.

Well in the evening I do like to watch my favorite shows. I Love my DVR!!! I can record all my fav's and speed through the commercials while watching! No wonder I am reading articles about "traditional advertising is becoming passe.." , this being because social networking like this Blog and Twitter and FaceBook and the like are becoming the new advertising tool. If we can speed through multi million dollar commercials then the advertisers are losing...Hey that's what I am reading from different authors these day.

It is perfect for me because I love to write...It is not just to "advertise" (although that is part of it), it is more that I want to broadcast the newest finds and treasures I have found...and the keyboard and the computer are such excellent tools for that. I am one of the few of my baby booming generation (although this number is growing), who loves all the new techy gadgets... and these social networkings, GPS's, IPhone's, etc.

Anyway, let me start "sharing" with you a ridiculously cute Beehive Hat! Made or sold by Dayton's Department Store, (who apparently sold the company in the 80's and were comparable to Macy's). The over sized bow that sits in the front of the hat reminds me of a hat Olive Oil used to where in Popeye






It really looks adorable on. You can see more pics and buy here: http://myatticscharms.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4611356 OPEN LINK!




As a side note: This also reminds me of some new Twitter friends I am following called "Topsy Turvy"...If you like hats and the unbelievably imaginative millinery: Check this site out:
http://www.topsyturvydesign.com/OPEN LINK! Designs for stage, Screen, and play! Fantastic!


While we are on apparel, I also newly posted this vintage hand made half apron. Very cute:












Next I am very proud to share with you about this rescue! Open the link here and read where I got this fantastic vintage 50's Sailboat TV Light! http://myatticscharms.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=4624846OPEN LINK! That works perfectly! She is Yar!





Well last but not least: Tea anyone?
Tea and Chocolate? perfect condition McCoy chocolate drip!






Toodles! My Attic's CharmsOPEN LINK! I really should go walk Gracie!
and then come back in and obsess!

No comments: