Sunday, April 27, 2008

Mackie Gown, San Francisco trip and Mexican baby shower!


Has anybody seen this Nymphenburg pattern? I have searched for a very long time and I cannot find this pattern anywhere. I would appreciate any input you can lend. If not do you have a suggestion as to how I could find it?
Well we drove to San Francisco and picked up the Bob Mackie gown...It is fabulous!...My long time friend, MW, graciously allowed me to wrap the beautiful gown in a pillow case ("you must never hang a Mackey gown..the beads make it much too heavy"), and carry it away and here with me. Next is to find a size 6 model to put it on for photos. It is flesh color sheer, skin tight, with a very long slit up the side of its full length. Streams of white and off white sequins and bugle beads flow down the gown. It is wonderful! I cannot wait to get it added to MAC's (MyAtticsCharms). Stay tuned.

Also today Sunday, Randy and I went to a 60 count, men and women, Mexican Baby Shower...It was lovely in the warm San Jose weather. It was outside on the plaza. A small area, hand built on the side of the modest but comfortable house. I was overwhelmed at the warm and rich colors that were everywhere...so much so that I had to take some photos. I created a slide show of them and share them with you on the right. I think if you click on one it will expand. ...There was the fully tiled Madonna completely surrounded with adoring statuettes and shrubbery all around it. This wall was on the outside of the shrine to Jesus a small enclosure (again, still outside on the plaza), The crucifix, and fresh flowers all arrayed with little white lights and other images of the decadent richness of the martydom. I present to you here not as a message of religious persuasion, but instead as a glimpse into creative art. I think the photos portrayed rather well the wonderful festive colors of the day & a lifestyle so rich in family, life, children and yes Catholic martrydom... the pinks, and oranges, and yellows and hues of blues and lavenders so characteristic of the Hispanic lifestyle.
Lastly, I also picked up some wonderful new items yesterday at a yard sale look for them up soon: Gucci Wallet, Walter Steiger ankle heel boots, BCBG ankle boots, and much more!

2 comments:

rob said...

Attic Charms,
Thanks for leaving your kind words on dumpdiggers. I have just returned from a spectacular digging adventure but unfortunately my chums wont let me print ALL the details until we are done looting the old dump. But I have some glorious prizes to document in the coming months ...

Your site if great. I love how you have made it niche and picked a setting (the attic) This is good too - we can be friends - keep posting and plugging away at building community. Try Squidoo lenses next.

MyAtticsCharms said...

Robert thank you so much for responding to my post. I have been working at some intake of the great clothing items I ..."found in my attic"...You can see my latest post for more detail on that. I also added your Dumpdiggers website to my post and to my favorite links list to introduce you to my small following, as you have such great articles there. I love the one about vintage jewelry.
I anxiously look forward to all the great things you found on the last dig you mentioned at the dump. Can you add me to an automated notification or list so that I am made aware of each of your posts? or should I do that from this end?
I am curious, how do you get permission to enter and dig at a dumpsite? Can you expound more about the types of sites you go to? Just dumps? I will check out Squidoo soon too.
Happy digging...thanks again for sharing with me/us!