Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Atomic Age Orange Ashtray and more!

Well finally have a few things more to share with you.
I know you have been dying to hear the latest listings of My Attic's Charms!
But first, a thank you to you who are reading...I welcome your comments...and input and
questions.....
It's true, I have listed the Stanford Sebring O. (open link) Burnt Orange Kidney Shaped "atomic age" Ash Tray,
that I mentioned previously. Check out my other tobacciana while you are at it here: TOBACCIANNA at My Attic's Charms I don't smoke and never have...(oops I take that back, not since High School...and that was looong time ago!)...but I sure love the look of these space ship, outrageously retro, So called "ashtrays". I mean the mere size of them tells you how popular smoking was and how accepted and beautified the trend was...as if rooms of people were gathered around a coffee/smoking table and this one edifice just sat there waiting for the next tap of a butt in these things...until they were filled with the fluffy black burnt offerings!
Sooo, for that reason, now that smoking is in a downward spiral, I and others take it upon ourselves to rescue these slaved challices to addictions. Now cast aside, buried in basements, used as plant trays....or the most horrifying... tossed in trash cans, we must save them, so that we and future generations can see the creativity, imagination, the logo marketing, the love, the devotion, the logo marketing, the colors, the speckles, and the logo marketing that was put into these works of art...as well as the magnificently statuesque and ever ready cigarette table lighters, cigar & pipe caddies, and match covers from every hotel and restaurant in the world! Save them, save them all!

Onward!




I have also posted a lovely butter Creamy Yellow California Vegetable Bowl OPEN LINK!...very nice simple and almost flawless



Now this next California USA Tri Well Serving dish open link! is just silly...It is so cute and pretty! The picture speaks for itself!
Wouldn't it be pretty with Gardenias floating in it....eh?

Last but not least a very nice and in pristine condition Hull Oval "Oven Proof" Plate OPEN LINK!. I am suspecting that this was the base drip plate to a gravy boat, if not it should be.....


In closing, I also realized I cannot buy anymore items to sell! My storage bin is sooo full that I cannot get another item into it so I will be working hard to get what I do have....some really exciting goodies...(ever hear of a Gene Doll?), posted. Once I post each item in my online store, they sit in my shop at Briarwood Cottage and that is even getting filled up...so once that is filled...guess it will be SALE time! so stay tuned!
Toodles!
Paris
PS: I found a model for the Bob Mackie Gown!!!

No comments: