Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Better Homes and Gardens Red Check Cook Book 1951

Better Homes and Gardens Red Check Cook Book 1951
 "Oh my Mom used to have one of those!" I hear this all the time. My Mom too...I used to love it when she pulled it out of her cookbook library...I knew something wonderful was going to be on the table that night!
Considering that the previous owner of this book really did use this... it is in really good condition. But you can tell that it was used. There is the expected discoloring from light here and there, mainly on the inside jacket. The outside is beautiful!
The tabs are not brand new looking. But the pages are all in tact, and still very colorful and useful. Not any markings that I can see...
Bonus! There are lots of loose recipes, which I figure, since they have been living so long in this Better Homes Cookbook that they should stay there...so that you can try out her recommended or favorite recipes too!
It has all the usual chapters from Appetizers to Desserts, and great full color pictures.
The book size is 9 3/4" x 7 3/4" x 1 3/4" Copyright 1951
Put something wonderful on your table tonight...buy the book!

Here is a really cool and dated video from Shaggylocks on You Tube   Cooking: Terms and What They Mean (1949)  

No comments: